Types of information we collect may include:
- Mailing address
- Email address
- Phone (or mobile) number
- Date of birth or age
- Credit/debit card number
- Purchase/return/exchange information
- Registry or wishlist information
- Your mobile device information (e.g., device model, operating system version, device date and time, unique device identifiers, mobile network information)
- How you use our sites and mobile applications, search terms, pages you visit on our mobile applications and application performance, as discussed further below
If you choose not to provide information, we may not be able to provide you with requested products, services or information.
Charm Design Studio Automated Collection
User experience information
In order to improve customer’s online and mobile shopping experiences, help with fraud identification and assist our customer relations representatives in resolving issues customers may experience in completing online purchases, we use tools to monitor certain user experience information; including login information, IP address, data regarding pages visited and ads clicked, specific actions taken on pages visited (e.g. information entered during checkout process) and browser information.
Social Media Widgets
Our sites and mobile applications include social media features, such as the Facebook Like button, Google Plus, Pinterest and Twitter widgets. These features may collect information about your IP address and which page you’re visiting on our site, and they may set a cookie or employ other tracking technologies. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our site. Your interactions with those features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
Information from other sources
We collect data that’s publicly available. For example, information you submit in a public forum (e.g., a blog, chat room or social network) can be read, collected or used by us and others, and could be used to personalize your experience. You are responsible for the information you choose to submit in these instances.
How is your information used?
Examples of how we use the information we collect include:
Product & service fulfillment
- Fulfill and manage purchases, orders, payments and returns/exchanges
- Respond to requests for information about our products and services in our stores, or on our website, mobile website or mobile applications or to otherwise serve you
- Connect with you regarding guest service via our contact center, guest service desk or on social media or Internet chat platforms
- Provide services such as Gift Registry or a shopping list
- Administer sweepstakes and contests
- Conduct a transaction where we collect information required by law (for example, pseudoephedrine or age-restricted purchases)
Our marketing purposes
- Deliver coupons, mobile coupons, newsletters, e-mails, mobile messages and social media notifications
- Provide interactive features of the website or mobile applications, such as product reviews, send marketing communications and other information regarding products, services and promotions
- Administer promotions, surveys and focus groups
- Improve the effectiveness of our website, mobile experience and marketing efforts
- Conduct research and analysis, including focus groups and surveys
- Perform other business activities as needed, or as described elsewhere in this policy
- Prevention of fraud & other harm
- Prevent fraudulent transactions, monitor against theft and otherwise protect our guests and our business (e.g. product recalls)
- For example, assist law enforcement and respond to legal/regulatory inquiries
How is your information shared?
Charm Design Studio subsidiaries & affiliates
We share the information we collect within Charm Design Studio, which includes all Charm Design Studio subsidiaries and affiliates. Charm Design Studio may use this information to offer you products and services that may be of interest to you.
Charm Design Studio owns and operates charmdesignstudio.com, other websites and mobile applications. Charm Design Studio subsidiaries and affiliates include, but are not limited to: Jacquelyn Arends Design, Eclectic Affinity.
We may share the information we collect with companies that provide support services to us (such as printers, email providers, mobile marketing services, analytics providers, web hosting providers, call center/chat providers, sweepstakes vendors, payment processors, coupon delivery vendors, data enhancement services or fraud prevention providers) or that help us market our products and services. These companies may need information about you in order to perform their functions.
we may disclose information we collect when we believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law; to enforce or apply applicable terms and conditions and other agreements; to facilitate the financing, securitization, insuring, sale, assignment, bankruptcy or disposal of all or part of our business or assets; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our guests or others.
Elsewhere at your direction
At your direction or request, or when you otherwise consent, we may share your information. For example, if you create a wishlist and elect to make it available to the public, your information will be accessible on our website, and mobile or social applications.
Sharing non-identifiable or aggregate information with third parties
We may share non-identifiable or aggregate information with third parties for lawful purposes.
In connection with the sale or transfer of some or all of our business assets, we may transfer the corresponding information regarding you and your account. We also may retain a copy of that information.
Managing Information Provided to Charm Design Studio
Cookies, tracking & interest-based advertising
The help function of your browser should contain instructions on how to set your computer to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued or to not receive cookies at any time. If you set your device to not receive cookies at any time, certain personalized services cannot be provided to you, and accordingly, you may not be able to take full advantage of all of our features (i.e. you will be able to browse the site, but will not be able to make a purchase).
Other Website Analytics Services
To learn more about Google’s privacy practices, click here. To access and use the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on, click here.
If you are a California resident and have an established business relationship with us, you can request a notice disclosing the categories of personal information we have shared with third parties, for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, during the preceding calendar year. To request a notice, please submit your request to Charm Design Studio, Attn: California Shine the Light 1340 Heritage Drive #145, Northfield, MN 55057. Please allow 30 days for a response.
If you are a California resident under 18 years old and a registered user, you can request that we remove content or information that you have posted to our website or other online services. Note that fulfillment of the request may not ensure complete or comprehensive removal (e.g., if the content or information has been reposted by another user). To request removal of content or information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 712.330.3684.
How do you access & update your personal information?
In order to keep your personal information accurate and complete, you can access or update some of it in the following ways:
- If you have created a charmdesignstudio.com account, you can log in to review and update your account information, including contact, billing and shipping information.
- Email email@example.com or call 712.330.3684 with your current contact information and the personal information you would like to access. We will provide you the personal information requested if reasonably available, or will describe the types of personal information we typically collect.
How is your personal information protected?
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect your personal information. When we collect or transmit sensitive information such as a credit or debit card number, we use industry standard methods to protect that information. However, no e-commerce solution, website, mobile application, database or system is completely secure or “hacker proof.” You are also responsible for taking reasonable steps to protect your personal information against unauthorized disclosure or misuse.
“Phishing” is a scam designed to steal your personal information. If you receive an email that looks like it is from us asking you for your personal information, do not respond. We will never request your password, username, credit card information or other personal information through email.
Children’s Personal Information
We recognize the particular importance of protecting privacy where children are involved. We do not knowingly collect personal information online from children under the age of 13. If a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information online, we ask that a parent or guardian email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 712.209.3069.
How do you contact Charm Design Studio?
Charm Design Studio Stores
1340 Heritage Drive #145
Northfield, MN 55057
Last reviewed 10/13/2016